Monday, March 16, 2015

National Crochet Month Post #12: Crocheted Octopuses/Octopi

(I've changed the title of my posts because I haven't been able to keep up to one post per day.  Sorry!)

We live in the middle of a large mass of land (North America), far away from any ocean, a fact that causes great consternation to my Pisces soul.  For some strange reason, however, my husband loves octopuses.

For the last four Christmases, I have given handmade crocheted octopuses to my husband.  I found the pattern on Etsy at a shop called Ruby Submarine.  I started with his favorite color (orange) and I used weird googly eyes.  But then my crochet and eye choice got more sophisticated.

What do you think?  Do you have a favorite octopus?







And FYI, the plural of octopus can be either octopuses or octopi.  I looked it up.  :)

I think I like the purple one best.

And the best news of the day:  my dad is getting out of the hospital tomorrow.  :)

--Paix

No comments: