Monday, May 2, 2016

April showers bring May eggs!

After having our chickens for exactly six weeks, one has finally laid an egg!


For some reason, I thought it would only take two weeks to get eggs from them, so I have been disappointed for a while.  I was most disappointed when we discovered that two of our purported hens are actually roosters!  I swear, we couldn't tell when we first got them!





Now, of course, it is 100% crystal clear, as is evidenced by this video I took this morning:




These city slickers don't know much about chickens, that is evident.  But this afternoon, I finally felt like I was a semi-successful chicken farmer--we got our first egg!


It's tiny, it's fragile, but it's an egg from our own organically-fed hen.  My husband and I will be sharing it tomorrow for breakfast.  

Merci, ma poule!  You rock!  

One of these Buff Orpingtons was responsible for laying our first egg.  :)

====================================================================
PEACE.

                                     LOVE.

                                                                  CHICKENS.










No comments: