Thursday, July 23, 2009

My, how time flies...what I still need to do...and other musings.




Time Flies:
It is July 23 already. Wow. Three more weeks until school starts for both me and the kids. What's up with that? It has been a speedy quick summer so am trying to slow down a little and enjoy my time off.

Here's a lowdown of what we've done so far this summer:

-Disney World
-Miami to visit Grandpa and to see the ocean
-I worked for 3 weeks and the kids went to camp at the park
-This week, we're at home and taking life slowly.

What I'd still like to do this summer:
-Go to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
-Go to Kaleidoscope
-Paint Lizzie's room
-Meet Barb and her family in Columbia. I haven't seen Barb for almost 20 years.
-Clean out the garage and possibly have a garage sale
-Clean out and organize scrapbook room
-Organize the rest of the house.
-Scrapbook our Florida vacation
-Stain the deck
-Treat for grub worms and bag worms--actually Chris will probably do this.
-Hang out with the cousins and neighbor kids
-Get an exercise routine going

Yes, I realize that is a big laundry list of items to accomplish in the mere three weeks until school starts. But I hope to get as much done as possible. I just don't want to beat myself up if I don't get it all done.

Sometimes you live with chaos for so long you no longer see it for what it is. I just took several photos of the messes around here. How embarrassing to share it with the world but maybe I'll get off my duff and do something about it.

1 comment:

Sten said...

Wow.. that is a lot to do. Well I'm sure that you will get it all done before you have to go back to school. Just don't forget to prioritize the items. I find that helps me get through my lists.