Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Glorious Spring!

Spring is my absolute favorite season; the trees are green, the flowers are blooming, the weather is fairly mild.  Am I worried that Spring arrived 3-4 weeks earlier than normal?  Sure, but I am not going to let myself think about it.  I am just going to admit the fact that we now have higher temperatures and figure out how to handle that during the hottest part of the summer.  I suppose going to the pool will help.  Amazingly, the pools open a mere seven weeks from now.  Wow, where does the time go?



We planted 19 lavender plants last week, mostly the Provence variety.  We did have some Grosso as well.  We amended the soil with sand and gravel since lavender plants don't like wet feet.  One plant looks a little weak, but it looks like most of them will probably survive.  We still need two more plants and we will add mulch next weekend.  And I need to find a fairly inexpensive bird bath or fountain for the front rose garden.  Then we will feel like our front garden will be pretty much finished. I can't wait to enjoy the lavender flowers in about two months' time.  However, if this warm spell continues, I guess I could have my first blooms later this month.  Wouldn't that be something? 

I will post more pics once we add mulch to our garden.  I hope you are having a sunny, wonderful spirng! 

No comments: