Friday, June 20, 2014

Simple drink coasters

I like to leave my tables bare most of the time because I like the look of wood.  However, when we have summer drinks like iced tea, lemonade, or soda pop, the condensation likes to leave rings on my precious wooden tables.


I could easily use coasters, which I do on our side tables in our living room.  But why do that when I have a wealth of fabric available to make something?  Today I took a few leftover 5-inch squares from the My Sunshine Charm Pack by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake, and I made some simple coasters.  Here is what I came up with:


And the other side:

For the orange one, I used the same motif on both sides because my husband likes orange so much.
I just put them wrong sides together and sewed a simple seam along the edges.  I am not an expert seamstress, but I am happy with what I came up with.

I got the fabric at Missouri Star Quilt Company several months ago, but they don't carry the charm pack anymore.  However, they do have layer cakes and fabric by the yard, which you can find here.

Happy crafting and enjoy your cold iced drinks this summer!


No comments: