Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Soap Saver Mania

Well, school is back in session soon, which is bittersweet news for teachers.  Yet I must say I feel like I've been fairly productive this summer.

I've been able to indulge in my love of making things with my hands.  I have made many types of soaps, and a variety of crochet projects.

My most prolific project has been my soap savers.  As soon as I finished my first one, I couldn't stop making them.  In fact, once I made a soap saver with each of the balls of cotton yarn that I already owned, Michael's just happened to have a sale so I went out and bought 15 more balls!  Good thing they offer a teachers' discount!

To date, I have made 13 different styles of soap savers.  I love seeing how the colors come together as they come off the yarn ball.   Here are the ones I've made so far.  Let me know what you think!

 Natural Stripes

 Peace

 Black Currant

 Kitchen Breeze

 Psychedelic

Lime Stripes

Moondance

Field of Dreams

Batik
Candy Colors

Fiesta

Country Stripes


No comments: