Sunday, August 16, 2015

Budding Lavender Farm

We have a small patch of land where we have planted so far four varieties of lavender.  We have begun calling it "our lavender farm" even though it is far from what an established lavender farm is really like.  Yet we are on our way to cultivating our own small patch of purple heaven.  

Some pics from today:










A basket of Sweet Romance.  It's my favorite at the moment.

I can't wait to see how this looks next year.  I am a bit apprehensive because we lost most of our lavender at our other place last winter due to extreme cold temperatures.  All of these varieties are supposed to be cold hardy, but so were the other plants.  Time will tell.  Please wish us luck.

As I was cutting the Sweet Romance blooms, cicadas were singing and a breeze was blowing.  My mind immediately went back to my experience in lavender fields in Provence this past summer.  I won't pretend that I will have anything that looks like that here, but our lavender farm will be my little corner of Provence here in the States.

As always, thank you for reading!

~~~

PEACE.

                                                 LOVE.

                                                                                                   SWEET ROMANCE.


~~~



No comments: