Sunday, January 13, 2008

New project for the year


















I am running with Simple Scrapbooks' idea (Jan/Feb 2008) of scrapbooking 12 photographs on the 12th of each month. I have quite a few good images from yesterday. Now I need to get the photos developed and put on a page.

My other current project is going through yearly professional portraits of the kids and doing layouts for those. I have also realized that I have an abundance of frameable photos. I want to hang more pictures of our family in our home. I have dubbed our upstairs hallway the family photo wall. There are presently only two pictures there. I think it needs more, don't you?

Non-scrapbooking related stuff:

I rediscovered R.E.M.'s album "Out of Time". What a delightful work of art! I was telling Chris about my soon-to-be 18-year-old nephew Nathan's lyrics to "Losing My Religion" when he was a wee toddler. I used to play that song and he would belt out "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight, losing my engine!" He would also flail his arms as Michael Stipe did in the video. It was incredibly sweet. I wish I'd had a video camera back then.
My goodness. When did that album come out? I'll check.
1991! Ouch! I am getting so old. Luckily, the music is timeless. I am listening to "Belong" on my headphones as I type. I feel content and nostalgic listening to Michael and the gang. I would like to thank them for making such gorgeous music.




No comments: