Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lavender, lovely lavender







I am so inspired today to talk about lavender.

About 10 years ago, DH and I thought about living on a small tract of land and growing lavender. However, the situation never materialized. Fast forward to today and I am thinking about growing lavender once again thanks to Mike Neustrom of Prairie Lavender Farm.

We live in a suburban cul-de-sac lot but we have had phenomenal success with our Munstead and Grosso lavender plants, especially this year. I am planning on planting 45-60 more plants, adding to the 23 that we already have, and having a veritable lavender farm in the suburbs!

Considering the cost, I'll probably only plant about 10-15 more this year and see how they do on our west side. An added bonus: the more lavender we have, the less lawn I have to mow!

No comments: