Thursday, July 17, 2014

My little amigurumi kitten named Limey

More crochet fun today!

I have completed my first amigurumi animal in quite some time.  If you are unfamiliar with amigurumi, it is a Japanese word loosely translated as crocheted or knitted stuffed toy.  In years past, I have made three octopuses (or octopi, if you prefer) for my husband, a little lion cub for my son, and a colorful unicorn for my daughter.

I have several amigurumi books by Ana Paula Rimoli, such as Amigurumi Toy Box and Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet.   I have downloaded several patterns from different Etsy shops such as Lilleliis and Luvly Gurumi.  I have also enrolled in a Craftsy class where I can learn to design my own amigurmi monster by Stacey Trock

But just because I have these books and patterns and classes doesn't mean I actually accomplish the making of these adorable stuffed toys.  There is a lot of concentration and counting involved, something that is somewhat hard to do while watching McLeod's Daughters!  [I just finished season 3 and I am so sad because a couple of characters have left the show!]

Yet, here is my latest amigurumi project, a little kitten whom I like to call Limey.  I call her that not because she is lacking Vitamin C, but because I happened to be taking pictures of my Lime Handmade Soap when I had her outside taking photos of her too.  This is from a pattern by Lilleliis.  Here is a link to her shop where you could buy it.

I used Vanna's Choice yarn from Lion Brand.  The colors are eggplant, white, and fern.

Let me know what you think of her.







2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

She is absolutely adorable!! Love the color, and her striped tail.

Jenn said...

Thanks, Sheila! :)