Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 5, 2010 is a very important day for me...


I am beginning the T.E.A.M. Weight Loss program at Lifetime Fitness. I plan on using this site to keep an online journal during my weight loss odyssey. I hope this will be the kick in the pants I have been needing to get me to lose the extra weight I have gained over the years.


Here's the magic number for me: I need to lose around 50 pounds. That's a whole heck of a lot, I know! And I know I won't lose all 50 pounds during the 12 weeks I will be in the LT Fitness program. However, I hope to be well on my way to that goal. I hope to lose around 24 pounds or more during the T.E.A.M. Weight Loss program. That seems like a reasonable amount for a 12-week period but if I lose more, I won't complain!


What has spurred me to get off my Irish-American arse and get moving? Recent medical visits have revealed that I have high cholesterol and triglycerides. I have probably gained 35 pounds since going back to work in 2004. I lead a sedentary life, I eat more than my fair share of junk food, and I don't count calories. I am not currently a good example to my children, which pains me to no end. I would not wish for them a life of constantly obsessing about their weight, which is something I have been doing for years and years, even before I was this overweight.


A new Lifetime Fitness has opened up in our town and the entire family is becoming more active, which is a wonderful thing. I hope to become an inspiration to my children and to anyone else who may be dealing with these issues.
Wish me luck!

No comments: