Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 6: I've lost 5 pounds!

OK--so I thought I'd be on here daily recording my thoughts and feelings about this weight loss journey. However, life is simiply too busy for me to do that. So here I am, nearly one week after starting my T.E.A.M. Weight Loss program and my strict calorie counting, and it turns out I've already lost 5 pounds!

I know, the 5 pounds that I've lost is most likely water weight but I am still pretty proud of myself. I also know losing 5 pounds per week is not the wisest way to lose weight because it's likely that weight will come back. However, I will take a look at my progress next week and see if I lose a more reasonable amount of weight. If I continue to drop too much, I'll up my calorie intake. Right now, I am following my LoseIt recommendation of eating 1,331 calories per day. LoseIt is an application for the iPhone that is keeping track of all my calories. This is a godsend for me because I HATE counting calories. I am so very happy with LoseIt! Check it out at www.LoseIt.com.

As for the exercise program, I do it three times per week: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I was a bit disappointed with the first two nights because we really didn't get a lot of exercise in. However, we more than made up for it on Thursday because we walked for 59 minutes, doing interval training and using rubber bands to help work out the upper body. It was quite a workout indeed. I wanted to go again yesterday but my back was hurting from sleeping funny on it. I think I may go today while Lizzie is at a birthday party, and work out for 30 minutes or so. I might even treat myself to a fruit smoothie afterwards. I'll have to check the calories first.

I am very happy about seeing real progress in this regime. I don't look any different yet but I hope to continue to lose and start seeing results soon. The progress is a great motivator to keep going. Onward and upward!

No comments: