Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall is in the Air!

Can you feel it?

New Autumn soap:  Apple Jack

Take a look at a new soap I've just put on my Etsy shop, Apple Jack Handmade Soap:




I love the gorgeous colors and the scrumptious and spicy fragrance!  

Another thing I love about Fall is this poem:

Chanson d'automne


Les sanglots longs
Des violons

De l'automne

Blessent mon coeur

D'une langueur

Monotone.
Tout suffocant
Et blême, quand
Sonne l'heure,
Je me souviens
Des jours anciens
Et je pleure

Et je m'en vais
Au vent mauvais
Qui m'emporte
Deçà, delà,
Pareil à la
Feuille morte.


Paul Verlaine
Poèmes saturniens

I have my French 2 students memorize this poem every Autumn.  It is one of my all-time favorites, as well as the song by Charles Trenet.  I made a video using that song and featuring my family from 2010.  Check it out on my YouTube channel.

I hope you enjoy it!  And may your Fall days be filled with bright colors, scrumptious fragrances, and lovely music! 


Oh, and alpacas too!   Because ALPACAS!   





No comments: