Saturday, April 25, 2015

Guest Speakers from France

I had a fun day at school yesterday with my two guest speakers, Antoine and Marion.  They are French interns learning about how firefighting works in America.  I brought them in to expose my students (and my fellow French teacher's students) to real-life French young people.  I was hoping that our students would try out their French speaking skills with these wonderfully friendly young people.


I think everyone had a great time, even the shy kids who weren't confident enough to ask questions. Marion and Antoine are planning on coming back soon and bringing two more French interns with them.  Next time, the students will be better prepared and will work in small groups so they won't feel as self-conscious when attempting to speak French.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Merci bien, Antoine et Marion!  À la prochaine!





Au feu, les pompiers!

--J

No comments: