Thursday, April 9, 2015

Older

If I may be so bold as to quote John Linnell and John Flansburgh:

"You're older than you've ever been 
And now you're even older, 
And now you're even older, 
And now you're even older, 
You're older than you've ever been
And now you're even older, 
And now you're older still."

~~~~~

We all know that aging is a fact of life, but it is brought back home even more when one witnesses her parents aging quite literally before her eyes.

In February, my dad was admitted to the hospital for various ailments and he remained there for three weeks.  He went to a nursing/rehabilitation facility after that and he is still there.  He isn't the same person he was before going to the hospital, but he is still my wonderful dad.

Yesterday, my mom had cataract surgery on her right eye and I took her for her follow-up visit today.  She is doing quite well, thankfully.  After that, we both went to visit my dad before I had to go to work.  In this photo, you will see my mom leaning in to hear what my dad is saying.  It looked like a lovely photo op.


Aging isn't the funnest thing life has to offer, but I consider myself very lucky to still have two living, fabulous parents.  Mom is 77 and Dad is 78, and they will have been married 51 years this summer.  We should all be so lucky to live that long and have such a lengthy marriage.

Plus, I think they look kind of cute together.

Maman et Papa, je vous aime!

--Jadu

~~~~~

Oh, and here is a link to the TMBG video of "Older".


 Je vous aime aussi, John et John!





No comments: