Saturday, July 18, 2015

Planting Calendula Seeds

I have been wanting to plant calendula for a while, so I decided to stop procrastinating and I did it today!

Calendula has got a host of wonderful benefits, such as being anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiseptic.  I hope to use it in lotions, balms, and salves.

It is kind of late in the season to plant in the ground, but for 10 cents per seed pack, what do I have to lose?  Calendula is an annual, but it seeds itself.  Next spring, I will plant a lot more seeds directly into the ground, but I didn't want to wait that long so I planted them in containers today.  I hope they grow big enough that I can then transplant them for the rest of the growing season.

Check back soon for updates.  In the meantime, check out this slideshow:
...






Paix.

                                           Amour.

                                                                                     Calendula officinalis.


No comments: