Saturday, September 13, 2014

Happy Outlander Day!

Ye may have gathered by now that when I set my mind to liking something, I become a bit obsessive.  I won't and frankly can't deny that.  There's Ikea, crochet, sewing, scrapbooking, soap making, Michael Fassbender, et cetera.

Today, it's Outlander.  I have already posted about my nascent Outlander fandom here.  Now I am almost done with the first book in Diana Gabaldón's series.  And the television series on Starz is making me even more of a fan because it is the embodiment of the fabulous love story between Jamie and Claire (and all the complications therein). 

What is so darn great about a show set in 1743 Scotland anyway?  Let me just show you in photographs.  







 Need I say more?  I mean really!  J.A.M.M.F., baby!  Oh, yes, and there is lovely Sassenach Claire.  She's OK too.  ;)

Seriously, Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe make the show beautiful for sure, but the supporting cast is wonderful as well.  My previous blog post shows many of the recurring characters. Tonight, it looks like Black Jack Randall will play a major role in his own sadistic way.

You love to hate a villain and Tobias Menzies plays this one quite well.  By the way, has it occurred to you that the use of the word "sadist" would not have existed during this time period because the Marquis de Sade was only born in 1740?  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this thought.  I mean certainly the Marquis was not a sadist at age 3!

But let's think about bonnier things (is bonnier a word?).  And the bonniest (is bonniest a word?) thing I can leave you with is this:



Happy Outlander Day!  



No comments: