Tuesday, March 10, 2015

National Crochet Month Post #10: Wristers

We have been blessed with warmer weather for the last few days, which makes everyone just a little more cheerful, I believe.  So imagine my surprise when I walked into my classroom today to a very chilled environment:  it was a mere 63°Fahrenheit!  I had to get my space heater out of the closet so my students (many of whom were dressed in shorts and t-shirts) would not freeze their derrières off.

When I sat down at my Mac to open my grade book, my hands were super cold.  So I brought out these wristers I made back in January and went about teaching my class while wearing them.  A few girls asked me about them and were impressed that I had made them.  One even asked if I would make some for her.  As much as I would have loved to sit down and start crocheting right then and there (if for no other reason, so I could warm my fingers up even more), I had the very important task of teaching French to my French 2 class that hour.  But the experience made me decide to make wristers my Day #10 topic.

Here I am wearing the first pair of wristers I made.  They are really fabulous and warm, and they still allow you to use your fingers for fine motor activities.


Of course, this is a Lion Brand pattern and I used Lion Brand Unique yarn in the Passion Fruit colorway.


I have also made another pair for myself using Harvest.



And I made a pair for my daughter using Oceania. She didn't really want me to take her picture and hence, no smile for Mom.



I love these wonderful little wristers.  Why don't you try your hand at making some too?


Oh, and if you didn't quite believe that my classroom was that frigid today, take a look at this:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pax.


No comments: