Monday, March 9, 2015

National Crochet Month Post #9: My Daughter's Afghan

It is no secret that I like to crochet.  Sometimes I pick projects that take a lot of concentration and effort, but sometimes I like to just keep my hands busy without having to count or pay too close attention to my stitches.  It is times like these that I like to make double crochet afghans.  I have several sitting around the house that we all like to use.  The first one I want to share with you is my daughter's afghan I made in 2013.

She picked Lion Brand Homespun yarn, which is a wonderful choice because it is super soft!  And it is made in the good old U.S.A.  I made this afghan for her using the Coral Reef colorway.  It is a simple pattern but is self-striping so it looks like I put a lot more effort into than I really did.  I quite like how it turned out.

Here is a link to the original post:  Lizzie's afghan







No comments: