Monday, March 2, 2015

National Crochet Month Post #2: Shamrocks

I am hoping to post every day this month some sort of crocheted goodness that I love.  Some days it will be things I have already made.  Other days it will be something I have recently learned to make.  Here is today's newly learned craft:  my own cute little shamrocks.  



Being an Irish-American gal, I love the color green, the land of my ancestors, and its national symbol, the shamrock.  Did you know that the word shamrock comes from the Irish word seamróg?  This means "little clover" and it was what St. Patrick used to teach people about the Trinity.


I learned how to make these little beauties from Kim Layton on the Everything Etsy website.  She includes written instructions as well as a video teaching you how to make the sweet little shamrocks.  Take a look here.  



I used Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand in fern, kelly green, and lime.  


I have plans to make garlands and decorate my home and classroom with these fun decorations.  

It's never too early to start planning for St. Patrick's Day!




Go raibh maith agat!



No comments: