Saturday, May 23, 2015

Dreaming of Provence...

I love France.  If you've read very many of my blog posts, you would hopefully know that by now.  I have been to many cities in that wonderful country:  Paris, Nantes, Angers, La Rochelle, Bordeaux, and Dijon, to name the biggest ones. I have been to several gorgeous châteaux in my day as well:  Chambord, Chenonceaux, Blois, and Amboise.  And I have experienced the gorgeous countryside of La Bretagne.

I haven't seen all of France, however, and the part I am looking forward to most about my upcoming trip is experiencing Provence for the first time in my life.  Provence has always felt like a dream to me, so real yet so elusive.  A few places I would like to experience:


 Le Cours Mirabeau in Aix


Le Pont du Gard


 Le Palais des Papes in Avignon

Nice


 The Prince's Palace of Monaco


Lavender Fields

I understand that the lavender in Provence may not quite be blooming until after I leave. This saddens me slightly, but can I really complain?  I'll be in Provence, for goodness sake.  Who knows?  Maybe I will be inspired to move there like Peter Mayle and write witty, successful books about my experience.  Maybe I'll take it one step further and become a lavender farmer in Provence.  If only...

The photos in this post are not my own.  They were copied and pasted following a Google search.  However, I hope to post again this summer with photos of Provence that are my own. Be on the lookout for that.

Thank you for reading.

Paix.
             Amour.
                             Lavande.




No comments: