Monday, May 25, 2015

Handmade Organic Lotion Bars

I tried my hand at something new today:  handmade organic lotion bars.


I got the idea from a Pinterest photo and decided to try it myself.  The concept is really quite simple. I used an equal mixture of beeswax, shea butter, and sweet almond oil, then I added some tea tree essential oil, et voilĂ .


Handmade Organic Lotion Bars.  I used a silicone mold to be able to remove the bars easily.  I put the hot mixture into the fridge and checked every ten minutes.

First 10-minute check
Second 10-minute check; they look done, but I could tell they weren't quite ready to come out yet.

I took them out after 30 minutes and I took the final product pictures.


However, I think they should perhaps stay in the fridge a little longer to begin with because they were pretty slippery when I was taking photos.  I put them back in after the photo shoot and I think they are hardening up as I write.

I used tea tree oil because I had it on hand and because I thought it would be a good oil to keep bugs away.  I hope to make more bars using other great natural insect repellents such as citronella, lavender, and peppermint oil. Check back again to see another batch coming at you soon.

Thank you for reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace.

                Love.

                              Tea Tree Oil.




No comments: